If you want to make an impact in the world through your business education, the Impact Fellows Program is for you.
Based on the core belief that business should be a force for good in the world, the Impact Fellows program provides an opportunity to deepen your classroom experience, build a community of students and mentors who share your interests, and explore issues of sustainable business and the global challenges of our time.
The Impact Fellows Program, part of the school’s Business for A Better World Center, is a bold and pioneering approach to engage students from groups traditionally underrepresented in business. Over 40 percent of Mason’s students are first-generation college students. Thirty percent are Pell Grant recipients, and over half identify as something other than white-American. The Impact Fellows Program delivers an innovative social impact curriculum tailored to these students through a wrap-around two-year cohort-based experience that builds leadership and changemaking skills, fosters personal value evaluation and development, and supports retention of these learners.
The Impact Fellows Program gives you the opportunity to expand your networks and build the skills needed to thrive as a well-rounded leader in today’s complex world. Through a comprehensive two-year program, you will learn about the UN Global Goals as a framework for the biggest challenges facing society and learn about how business can thrive while creating economic, social, and environmental value. The connections you make during this program will enable you to expand your interests, kickstart your career, and realize your full potential. Participating in the program will offer you the opportunity to open doors throughout your time at Mason and beyond.
As a Business for a Better World Impact Fellow, you will:
- Receive guidance and support from a variety of personalized mentors, including professional and faculty mentors;
- Participate in a shared learning and community-building experience as a member of the Fellows cohort, navigating Mason alongside peers with similar passions;
- Gain hands-on experience in tackling global issues through an internship program;
- Engage in action-oriented partnerships with local organizations and communities;
- Investigate and address a social issue you’re passionate about as a part of a Mason Impact Experience
The Impact Fellows program is open to all newly accepted first-year undergraduate students. Space in the program is limited and the priority deadline is June 25. After that, applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis. Apply now to secure your spot!