The Center for Retail Transformation hosts various research, educational, and thought-leadership events.
Our events are opportunities for students, retailers, and members of the retail ecosystem to learn how to address critical issues in retail.
In the first of a three-part series for the summer semester, on Tuesday, June 7, at 12 noon, the GMU Center for Retail Transformation will host a virtual panel on how retailers can transform shoppers' in-store experience.
Past Events On-Demand
- March 23, 2022On Wednesday, March 23, 2022, the Center for Retail Transformation at George Mason University's School of Business hosted a panel on Retail in the Metaverse, sponsored by Microsoft. Part of the Center's Transforming Retail series, the panel features experts who engaged in conversations on what the metaverse is (and is not), the technologies underlying the metaverse, leading companies in this space, and opportunities and pitfalls that retailers should watch for as they foray into the metaverse.
- February 17, 2022On Thursday, February 17, 2022, the Center for Retail Transformation at George Mason University's School of Business hosted a panel discussion on Frictionless Retail, sponsored by Microsoft. The panel featured candid conversations on factors leading to the rise of frictionless retail, the different categories of solutions, and factors to consider when deploying these solutions.
- November 4, 2021On Thursday, November 4, 2021, the Center for Retail Transformation at George Mason University's School of Business hosted a panel discussion entitled, "Grocery Rebooted: How Rapid Delivery and Technology are Transforming the Sector." The panel focused on understanding how technology, automation, and rapid delivery solutions are transforming the grocery sector.
- September 29, 2021On Wednesday, September 29, 2021, in conjunction with the School of Business Career Services team, the Center for Retail Transformation hosted a retail panel focused on exposing students to how the retail sector is evolving, careers in retail, and skills needed to thrive in retail today.
- April 20, 2021On Tuesday, April 20, 2021 - in honor of Earth Day - the Center for Retail Transformation at George Mason University's School of Business hosted a panel discussion of four entrepreneurs discussing the topic, "Sustainable Fashion: Transforming the Industry from Design to Delivery."