Information technology permeates every aspect of a business.
A solid foundation in technology and information systems makes you more marketable and attractive to employers in today’s increasingly digital economy.
Regardless of your chosen field, knowledge of information systems drives intelligent, innovative, and efficient solutions. The Management Information Systems (MIS) minor a focused set of courses to provide you with foundational knowledge and skills in management information systems. A minor in MIS gives you complementary knowledge of how information systems are designed, developed, and leveraged in businesses in addition to robust technology skills that are applicable across industries.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Available to business and non-business majors. Students pursuing a BS in Business with a management information systems concentration or operations and supply chain management concentration are not eligible for this minor.
- The minor requires the successful completion of 15 credits (5 courses) with a grade of C or higher. Up to two classes can be used for dual credit (major and minor)
- Requires sophomore standing (30 earned credits) to begin minor courses.
How to Declare a Minor
1. Download the Undergraduate Declaration of Minor Form
Download the Undergraduate Declaration of Minor form from the Office of the Registrar.
2. Meet with an Academic Advisor
Schedule a meeting with one of our academic advisors to review requirements and prerequisites. Bring your minor declaration form to the meeting to obtain the required advisor signature
3. Submit Your Completed Form to the Office of the Registrar
See this guide to ensure the correct routing and facilitate faster processing.
Office of Student Success and Academic Services
Enterprise Hall, Room 008 (Lower Level)