Gain knowledge, training, and skills in an in-demand field.
Learn how to efficiently and effectively manage the activities involved in transforming organizational resources into customer value.
With the expanding global marketplace and multi-echelon supply chains that span across the globe, there is a large demand for analysts and professionals in procurement, distribution, process improvement, logistics, and supply chain management. Specifically, the Washington, D.C. Metro area, with its enormous federal government footprint, demands professionals with supply chain management related skills. With an operations and supply chain management (OSCM) minor, you'll learn how to:
- Design, analyze, coordinate, and implement supply chain operations
- Design and improve business models and processes
- Manage projects efficiently and effectively
- Implement Total Quality Management in an organization
- Make resource allocation decisions to meet customer requirements
- Leverage big data, business analytics tools, decision support systems, and emerging technologies for managing the supply chain
Eligibility and Requirements
- Available to business and non-business majors. Students pursuing a BS in Business with a Management Information Systems concentration or Operations and Supply Chain Management concentration are not eligible for this minor.
- The minor requires the successful completion of 15 credits (5 courses) with a grade of C or higher. Up to two classes can be used for dual credit (major and minor)
- Requires sophomore standing (30 earned credits) to begin minor courses.
How to Declare a Minor
Download the Undergraduate Declaration of Minor form from the Office of the Registrar.
Schedule a meeting with one of our academic advisors to review requirements and prerequisites. Bring your minor declaration form to the meeting to obtain the required advisor signature
See this guide to ensure the correct routing and facilitate faster processing.
Office of Student Success and Academic Services
Enterprise Hall, Room 008 (Lower Level)