Associate Professor, Marketing
Phone: (703) 993-4536
Office Location: 9900 Main Street 221 and Enterprise Hall 175
Office Hours: Thursday 1:00-1:20 p.m. and by appointment
Professor Cheng is a polyglot who is fluent in five of the ten major world languages and speaks many others.
Professor Cheng has over 25 years of international professional experience in international executive education, international business, trade promotion and economic development. He has taught courses in International Business, International Marketing, and Strategy at the MBA level for top Australian and New Zealand graduate Schools of Management.
Before joining George Mason University, he was the Chair of School for the School of Marketing and International Business at the University of Western Sydney in Australia and an advisor to the New Zealand government in national economic development strategy.
- International Business
- International Marketing
- International Economic Development
- DBA, Swiss Management Center
- DES, The Graduate Institute
- MBA, Arizona State University
- BS, Brigham Young University
Research and Awards
- Had the presentation titled “Using Partial Least Square – Structural Equation Model to Measure the Impact of Social Status on the Subjective Well-Being of the Chinese People in Hong Kong” published in the proceedings from the International Interdisciplinary Business Economics Advancement Conferencein 2015.
- Received the Outstanding Faculty Award from Delta Sigma PI in 2015.
- Presented the paper titled, “Using Partial Least Square – Structural Equation Model to Measure the Impact of Social Status on the Subjective Well-Being of the Chinese People in Hong Kong” at the International Interdisciplinary Business Economics Advancement Conference in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Presented the paper titled, “Measuring Subjective Well-Being: An International Comparison between Hong Kong and New Zealand” at the 2015 Symposium for Research Fellows in Phoenix, Arizona in May 2015.
- Presented the paper titled, “Strategic Leadership to Leverage Dynamic Capabilities and Unleash Disruptive Innovation: A Global Comparison” at the International Council for Small Business Conference (ICSB) in Dubai, United Arab Emirates in June 2015.