Associate Professor, Management
Additional Roles: Dean's Teaching Faculty Fellow
Phone: (703) 993-5213
Office Location: Enterprise Hall 215
Office Hours: By appointment
Katie Rosenbusch is an associate professor of management at the George Mason University School of Business. She has more than 10 years of experience in training and development with private and non-profit organizations, including three years living in Indonesia where she served as the regional manager and corporate trainer for a specialty coffee company. It was this international experience that inspired her current academic interests in cross-cultural adjustment, international human resources, and global leadership development.
Rosenbusch is the co-founder of the Rosenbusch Institute of Leadership which has provided leadership and personal development training to over 3000 high school students throughout the U.S. She has provided training nationally and internationally on a variety of topics including motivation, leadership styles, followership, and cross-cultural development. She is also a certified cross-cultural coach.
Prior to teaching at Mason, she was on the faculty at Towson University with the Graduate Program in Human Resource Development. Rosenbusch teaches the Principles of Management course here at Mason.
- International human resource development
- Global leadership development and talent management
- Organizational culture
- Organizational change management
- Doctorate in Human and Organizational Learning - International HRD & Global Leadership, George Washington University
- Masters in Leadership Education - Training and Development, Texas A&M University
- Bachelors in Agricultural Leadership Development - Marketing and Public Relations, Texas A&M University
Research and Awards
- Presented the papers titled, “How to Plan your Academic Career” (with coauthors Tomika Greer and Neil Courture) and the paper titled, “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of Becoming a Faculty Member-Is There Such a Thing as Work-Life Balance?” (with coauthors Y. Abichandani and Diane Chapman) at the Academy of Human Resource Development International Conference in St. Louis, MO in 2015
- Presented the paper titled, “Academic Branding: How to Construct and Maintain your Personal Brand” at the Academy of Human Resource Development International Conference in Jacksonville, Florida in 2016 (with coauthor Rubina Malik).
- Presented the paper titled, “Cultural Competence and Short-Term Programming” at the NASFA: Association for International Educators in Alexandria, Virginia in 2015 (with coauthors Kelly Holland and David Earnest).
- Had the presentation titled “Global Skills Inventory: Understanding the Hard and Soft Skills Needed for the Global Workforce” published in the proceedings from the International HRD Conference in 2016.
- Published an article titled, “Study Abroad in Psychology: Increasing Cultural Competencies Through Experiential Learning” (coauthored with David Earnest, Devin Wallace-Williams, and A. Keim) in Teaching of Psychology in 2016.
- Published an article titled, “Identification of stressors on expatriates and their families,” (coauthored with Len Cerny II and David Earnest) in the International Journal of Cross Cultural Management in 2015.
- Principles of management
- Leadership development