Assistant Professor, Information Systems and Operations Management
Phone: (703) 993-1198
Office Location: Enterprise Hall 108
Office Hours: By Appointment
Dr. Siddharth Bhattacharya is an assistant professor in the Information Systems and Operations Management Area at the School of Business, George Mason University. Before joining George Mason University, Dr. Bhattacharya completed his Ph.D. from Temple University’s Fox School of Business in 2021. Siddharth’s research focuses on how firms utilize digital information strategies to increase reach, establish relationships with stakeholders, and influence consumer decision making. Dr. Bhattacharya also holds an MBA from Indian School of Business and a Bachelor’s in Computer Science Engineering from India. Dr. Bhattacharya’s work has been published in premiere journals such as Information Systems research among others. He has also presented his work in many reputed conferences including CIST, ICIS, WISE, WITS, CODE@MIT, Marketing Scienceamong others.
Dr. Bhattacharya is an active member of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS), the Association of Information Systems (AIS), and the Production and Operations Management Society (POMS).
- Digitization and Online Consumer Behavior
- Business Analytics
- Digital and Search Engine Advertising
- Social Networks and Platform Strategies
- PhD –Information Systems, Fox School of Business, Temple University
- MBA–Marketing and Strategy, Indian School of Business
- Bachelors – Computer Science Engineering, India
Research and Awards
Research in Press:
- Published journal article ”Competitive Poaching in Search Advertising: Two Field Experiments” (along with Jing Gong, Sunil Wattal) Information Systems Research ISSN 1526-5536
- Published journal article “How Network Embeddedness Affects Real-Time Performance Feedback: An Empirical Investigation” (along with Maria Petryk, Michael Rivera, Liangfei Qiu, Subodha Kumar) Information Systems Research ISSN 1526-5536
- Published journal article “When Keyword Poaching Pays Off”. Harvard Business Review
Work in Progress:
- Siddharth Bhattacharya, Abhishek Roy, Subodha Kumar, Sunil Wattal. “Friend or Foe: Search Engine Advertising Strategies when Contracting with an Online Search Infomediary”.
- Siddharth Bhattacharya, Heather Kennedy, Vinod Venkatraman, Sunil Wattal. "How to Advertise? Role of Congruence and Involvement on Multiscreen Consumption".
- Journals: Information Systems Research (ISR), Production and Operations Management (POMS), Information Technology and management, European Journal of Information Systems (EJIS)
- Conferences: International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), Conference on Information Technology and Systems (CIST), Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems (WITS), Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS).
- "A Context-Aware Recommendation System Considering Both User Preferences and Learned Behavior", US-PATENT 9,510,050
- "An Architecture for Real-time Television Audience Measurement", US-PATENT 9,510,759
- Winning the Keyword Wars, School of Business News, January 26, 2022