Interested in our faculty expertise for an upcoming piece? Contact Benjamin Kessler at email@example.com.
Yes, You Can Quote That
Our faculty are sought out by the media for their expertise on a variety of topics.
Here's the latest:
- August 8, 2022Since 2020, have COVID-19 case counts had any correlation with stock returns in certain regions? Finance professor Derek Horstmeyer and finance student Luis Paz-Perez examined this premise in an article for the CFA Institute.
- August 8, 2022Laurie Meamber, associate professor of marketing, talks to WalletHub about airline credit cards.
- Defying fiscal disruption: Defense revenues on Top 100 continue to climb, despite supply chain turmoilAugust 8, 2022Jerry McGinn, executive director of the Center for Government Contracting, comments on Defense Department efforts to attract U.S. nontraditional defense firms through novel contracting methods in Defense News.
- August 5, 2022"The importance of the supply chain for strategic and critical materials is not as well appreciated," writes Stephanie Halcrow, Senior Fellow at the Center for Government Contracting, in an op-ed for RealClear Defense.
- August 2, 2022“As women made gains in higher education, access to full-time employment, higher pay, and higher income positions—as well as with more households now identifying as led by women—this homeownership gap has shrunk over the last few decades,” says Eric Maribojoc, executive director of the Center for Real Estate Entrepreneurship, in an article on the home ownership gender gap in The Balance.
- August 2, 2022Victoria Grady, associate professor of management, was interviewed by the A Geek Leader podcast where she discussed her new book, Stuck: How to WIN in Business by Understanding LOSS.
- August 2, 2022Finance professor Derek Horstmeyer explains the bullwhip effect in an interview with Capital.com.
- August 1, 2022In an interview with the Washington Business Journal, Dean Ajay Vinzé outlines five priorities for Mason's School of Business. Tops on his list is broadening the education experience for students so that they are prepared for a range of careers.
- July 27, 2022"There’s so much still to be decided on the definitions of what (crypto) and what purpose it has," said Derek Horstmeyer, professor of finance, in an interview with VettaFi. The piece was also syndicated by Nasdaq.
- July 26, 2022Recently, retail innovation has accelerated to a level never witnessed before. Associate professor of marketing and director of the Center for Retail Transformation Gautham Vadakkepatt discusses the future of retail on this episode of The Future Of podcast.
- July 25, 2022Gautham Vadakkepatt, director of the Center for Retail Transformation and associate professor of marketing, shared his thoughts on the store-in-a-store concept with Bisnow.
- July 21, 2022Derek Horstmeyer, professor of finance, was interviewed by Capital.com on if inflation will get any worse.