Please be advised the Office of Student Success and Academic Services will be open for advising this Summer. The office will close at 1:00 p.m. on Fridays this Summer, although virtual Friday afternoon appointments are available. This schedule will run from June 5th through August 11th. Please be sure to call or email before coming in for advising due to ongoing New Student Orientations and changing schedules.
Advising Appointment Hours
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- To schedule an advising meeting:
- This service is only available to current Mason students.
- You can schedule an appointment with your advisor via GMU Navigate.
- Enter your Mason NetID and password and select “login.” Submit and confirm your password sharing preference before clicking “accept.”
- Select the “Get Assistance” button in the top right corner and follow the steps to schedule your appointment.
Virtual Drop-In Advising
No appointment is needed for virtual or in-person drop-in advising sessions. Available virtual and drop-in hours are:
- Mondays and Tuesdays from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- Use this link to connect to a virtual drop-in session or come to Enterprise Hall Room 008 for an in-person drop-in. Please call ahead to make sure drop-ins are available since advisors are not available on new student orientation days.
Prepare for your advising session:
Virtual drop-in advising sessions are conducted through Blackboard and should be between you and an advisor. Because you will need to access your Degree Works system and may need to share screens during your appointment, we highly recommend using a laptop or desktop computer. We also recommend using headphones if you are not able to attend the meeting from a private place. Due to safety and privacy, meetings will be ended if you attempt to connect:
- While you are in class, actively working, or in another meeting
- While you are driving or traveling
- If you are in a public space or otherwise preoccupied.