George Mason School of Business is a center for global business research. Our faculty publish in top-tier journals, are cited by the press, and are actively engaged in a wide set of societal and institutional challenges.
We are seeking an Editorial Intern – Research Communications. Position requires 5-8 hours per week assisting SBUS Research Communications and Outreach Officer. Schedule can be flexible with immediate start date- internship can be virtual, hybrid or in person.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing research publications in academic journals;
- Interviewing professors about their research;
- Writing articles with oversight from the Research Communications and Outreach Officer;
- Attending online and/or in-person events where SBUS faculty are appearing;
- Editing, adapting and/or condensing existing articles to fit different formats;
- Filing formal requests for content promotion within various GMU outlets, including social media
Ideal candidate should be curious, eager to learn and enjoy writing with priority given to candidates demonstrating interest in business-related topics, from leadership and management to innovative tech. Candidate need not have any prior experience or knowledge.
This is an unpaid position. Candidate will gain experience while networking with experts, one-on-one mentoring with an writing professional and byline credit for published articles.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter outlining interest in the position to Benjamin Kessler at firstname.lastname@example.org