Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defence as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international - with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Position Summary: The Accounting Analyst position reports directly to the Accounting Manager (solid line). In this role, he/she is responsible for coordinating assigned accounting activities for all Airbus Americas subsidiaries, working closely with the controllers and the Finance stakeholders. He/she will be exposed to the Head of Accounting on dedicated activities. The incumbent will be responsible for the Accounting activities for four Legal Entities for Airbus Commercial Division.
The jobholder will interface with the Treasury department, Financial Systems, Controllers, Tax department and relevant teams within Group Finance. He or She will ensure accuracy of bank transactions and related clearings in liaison with responsible teams, along with other G/L Accounting tasks in compliance with IFRS rules and US GAAP when applicable as well as the Airbus Group Accounting Manual.
In addition to the required financial skills, the candidate will need excellent analytical and communication skills, proficiency with Airbus financial systems and be customer oriented.
The jobholder will contribute to monthly/quarterly/annual closing process for Airbus Americas entities:
- Anticipate ad hoc support Monthly and Annual Close Process with functions & program controllers
- Ensure Data Accuracy and high-quality Airbus Americas G/L and cost centers closing (i.e. accruals bookings, allocation cycles, etc.)
- Bank accounting: Secure compliance on the bank and transitory Account Reconciliations in addition to other assigned accounts
- Contribute to the improvement of the closing process in coordination with accounting managers, financial system department and relevant stakeholders
- Support month-end analysis on the financial statements including balance sheet and profit and loss statement by implementing quality checks and controls on the financial data,
- He or she will support the Internal and External Auditors.
- Be a key partner for program and functions controllers by supporting improvement initiatives and deep dive analysis of the account\